http://support.mozilla.com is the support site for Firefox. It has been running a (customized) version of TikiWiki since ??. Translations
have begun into the following languages: Ukrainain, Russian,
Portuguese, Norwegian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Brazilian. There's an
average of about 8 per language right now. There are an additional average 15 articles in each of the following:
French, Italian, Dutch, Italian, Swedish in draft right now.
Site: http://support.mozilla.com - User documentation for Mozilla software
Current wiki engine: TikiWiki 1.10 with new (feb 08) translation code
Translation tools used: ??
Maturity stage: English content exists, some content in other languages
Peculiarities: Modifications go through a staging phase. Only approved pages are shown to non-editors.
Contact person: Nelson Ko
(See also CLWE Project User Feedback)
- For scalability reasons and to support external proxy caching, a users' preferred locale (for users that are reading without being logged in) must be in the URL. Right now, this is not in TikiWiki, and I (Nelson) had to do it specially for Mozilla. Will merge in when I have time.
- Easy way for localizers to keep track of en-US article changes
- Page not translated notification
- Simple "Translate this page" functionality
- "Potentially outdated" flag/status for localized articles
- Visible status for "potentially outdated" articles
More generic (non-translation specific) requirements:
- Browse categories should be sensitive to the preferred languages of the user https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=421447
- Force people to set a language when creating new page https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419863
- Dynamic content (content ids) should be localizable (this I (Nelson) have done - need to merge) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415242
- Freetags translation (Louis-Philippe has done this ) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=413011
- Search results should be language aware based on users' language
- Interface and other "auto-generated" elements need translation as well https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=414361 (The tools are there in Tiki for this. I (Nelson) have cleaned up interactive translator (the rings thing), but somew more work to finetune. For e.g. language.php contains too many strings - even those for features not currently used.
- Page language selector is now placed in actions box https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=418483