When bring say an English page up to date with its French counterpart, I find that the diff is not that good sometimes.
For example, I had the following sentence in French "il a été président de la conférence" which I changed to this in a subsequent version: "il a présidé la conférence"
When TW showed me the diff, it showed it to me as follows:
"il a pr*a é*sid*t*é *président de* la conférence"
, which is hard to read. It would have been better if it had come out as:
"il a *présidé* la conférence".
Note that I tried different diff styles available in Tiki, and most of them seem to have this sort of problem except for HTML Diff. Unfortunately, HTMLDIff shows a side-by-side diff and we probably just want an inline diff. Oh well, it will have to do for now, but I'm putting this in the backlog so we remember.