Better diff when translating change to a page

Status
Open
Title
Better diff when translating change to a page
Function Group
B
Priority
3
Description
When bring say an English page up to date with its French counterpart, I find that the diff is not that good sometimes.

For example, I had the following sentence in French "il a été président de la conférence" which I changed to this in a subsequent version: "il a présidé la conférence"

When TW showed me the diff, it showed it to me as follows:

"il a pr*a é*sid*t*é *président de* la conférence"


, which is hard to read. It would have been better if it had come out as:

"il a *présidé* la conférence".


Note that I tried different diff styles available in Tiki, and most of them seem to have this sort of problem except for HTML Diff. Unfortunately, HTMLDIff shows a side-by-side diff and we probably just want an inline diff. Oh well, it will have to do for now, but I'm putting this in the backlog so we remember.

Iteration
TBD
Assigned to
alain_desilets


The original document is available at http://wiki-translation.com/item37